Flight travel concept.

UK Visa Application Supporting Documents Guidance

Navigating the path towards acquiring a UK visa entails an invigorating yet intricate undertaking. Among the pivotal factors influencing the triumph of your UK visa application lies the meticulous compilation of pertinent documents and evidence. These supporting documents form the bedrock for substantiating your eligibility, establishing your credibility, and showcasing your bona fide intentions to the UK immigration authorities.

Overview of the typical supporting documents required for a UK visa application

When applying for a UK work visa, there are several common supporting documents that are typically required.  Whilst case-specific advice is outside the scope of this post, these may typically include:

  • Valid passport: A valid national passport that satisfactorily establishes your identity and nationality
  • Visa application form: Completing the appropriate visa application form is a fundamental requirement
  • Proof of accommodation: Evidence of your accommodation that will be arranged by SkillSet Consultancy & Training Services
  • Financial documents: Bank statements, proof of income, or sponsorship letters may be needed to demonstrate your ability to finance your stay in the UK
  • Educational or professional qualifications: Academic transcripts, degree certificates, or professional certificates may be necessary, depending on the purpose of your stay
  • Language proficiency: For certain visa types, you may need to provide evidence of your English language proficiency.
  • Work Visa:You may need a certificate of sponsorship from your employer, and evidence of meeting specific occupational requirements.


The Health and Care Worker Visa is open to qualified doctors, nurses and other health and adult social care professionals who wish to undertake an eligible job with the NHS, an NHS supplier or in adult social care.

The Health and Care Worker Visa can lead to settlement in the UK after 5 years and applicants can be joined by dependent partners and children.

Requirements for a Health and Care Worker VisaIn order to qualify for a Health and Care Worker Visa, you will need to satisfy UK Visas and Immigration that:

  • You are aged 18 or over;
  • You are a qualified doctor, nurse, health professional or adult social care professional;
  • You work or will work in an eligible health or social care job, which falls within the list of approved occupation codes;
  • You work or will work for a UK health and care sector employer that has been approved by the Home Office;
  • You have a valid ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your employer with information about the role you have been offered;
  • You are competent in the English language to at least CEFR Level B1 (equivalent to IELTS 4.0);
  • You will be paid the minimum salary or the ‘going rate’ for the type of work you will be doing, whichever is higher;
  • You have enough money to support yourself without relying on public funds;
  • You have provided a criminal record certificate, if working with vulnerable people; and
  • You have provided a valid TB certificate, if from a listed country.
  • The exact requirements you will need to satisfy will vary depending on your circumstances.  You may want to speak to an immigration lawyer for expert advice.

Note: Information related to courses and trainings offered at SkillSet Consultancy & Training Service, please visit Our Courses.